04 August, 2011

My apologies, I broke a promise

Hi all.
I am very sorry to say, that I broke a promise I had made to you, the fans. I promised to stop using record labels. I gave to okay to have Dethcentrik's Untitled EP re-released via Distrophonix, an IODA member, which the IODA belongs to Sony. In fact, I was the one who asked to have it re-released. Part of why I felt it was okay is that I am still going to give away the album, still retain the rights to the music, and am doing this more for the media-related benefits. I want to gain as much exposure as possible, and unfortunately releasing through a label makes that much easier to gain exposure. I hope you all understand why I did this, and I ask your forgiveness for doing this... Leave any feelings about what I should do for future releases as comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment